Hello! I’m a lady living in Sydney with a fondness and curiosity for Japanese food and culture. I delight in:
- collecting and drinking leaf teas and fruit infusions;
- savouring the flavours of yuzu, lychee and black sesame;
- enjoying snacks and candy from Japan;
- indulging in beautiful cakes and desserts;
- sewing patisserie cakes from felt and thread;
- folding complex origami models;
- watching anime and reading Japanese literature;
- collecting pretty or cute packaging;
- constructing miniature scale models of buildings; and
- travelling to and photographing scenic locations.
Many of these interests, to varying degrees, form the focus of this blog. Here, I attempt to avoid the immense effort required to commit sensations and experiences to long term memory, and indeed its inevitable fallibility. And so it serves as a record of my immediate thoughts on the beverages I drink, the foods I eat, and the places I travel that I want to recall in detail down the line.
If you want to say hello, I can be contacted using the form below: