Hello! I’m a lady living in Sydney with a fondness and curiosity for Japanese food and culture. I delight in:
- collecting and drinking leaf teas and fruit infusions;
- savouring the flavours of yuzu, lychee and black sesame;
- enjoying snacks and candy from Japan;
- indulging in beautiful cakes and desserts;
- sewing patisserie cakes from felt and thread;
- folding complex origami models;
- watching anime and reading Japanese literature;
- collecting pretty or cute packaging;
- constructing miniature scale models of buildings; and
- travelling to and photographing scenic locations.
Many of these interests, to varying degrees, form the focus of this blog. Here, I attempt to avoid the immense effort required to commit sensations and experiences to long term memory, and indeed, the inevitable fallibility of my long term memory. And so it serves as a record of my immediate thoughts on the teas I drink, the foods I eat, and the places I travel that I want to recall in detail down the line.
If you want to say hello, I can be contacted using the form below: